Within the month of September our students took part in the following activities: –
- Year 10 Employability Workshops taking place weekly with a group of 10 students. A small group of students are working weekly on their employability skills: interview skills and techniques, CV, future plans and aspirations
We visited the following places: –
- Year 11 went to Chelmsford Racecourse for the annual Braintree Careers Fair – the whole year group spent the morning browsing stands and finding out about apprenticeships, colleges, sixth forms and further education opportunities.
- Year 8,9,10 and 11 visited University of Essex for a workshop on history and the changes to our society. Students took part in a workshop about history. The next steps are to embark on a project that will result in a display in Braintree about history across time.
- Year 9 visited Layer Marney Tower for The Respect Project. A small group of selected students took part in an outdoor activity program to develop confidence and skills in dealing with situations.
The following fixtures have been played: –
- Netball Tournament Under 16 – 3rd place awarded
- Under 16 netball v Honywood school = win 32-16
- Under 16 football Hedingham 1:1