TABOR IN THE MONTH OF JANUARY – 2019
Within the month of January our students took part in the following activities:-
- We had yr. 13,11 and 9 parents evening during the month of January. All evening were very well attended by our parents.
- County Lines awareness group came to visit our yr 9 on Thursday 24th January. Students were given a discussion on the awareness of drugs and the effects of being involved in gangs.
We visited the following places:-
- A group our yr 12 students went to visit the University of East Anglia on Friday 11th of January.
- A small groups were invited to our annual Jack Petchey event at the Braintree Arts theatre during the evening. This celebrated the work of some of our students.
- Our school choir played at Bradbury House care home in Braintree
- On Tuesday 15th January our KS4 & 5 went to see the Body works in London to the science museum. All of our students loved the learning experience of that day.
The following fixtures have been played in January:
Year 7 Netball
- We won 5-1 to Headingham
- Lost 3-1 to Newport
- Won 5-1 against Alec
- Lost 5-1 against Notley
TABOR IN THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY – 2019
Within the month of February our students took part in the following activities:-
- Wednesday 6th February our Yr 11 students attended the NCS activity. This was then followed up with an assembly on the 13th February.
- On Friday 8th February all our yr 11 students attended the Safer Essex Road Dangers session at Tabor. This provided some very important road safety messages to our students which they found valuable.
- Throughout the last week of term many of our students were working very hard during drama rehearsals in preparation for the whole school drama production on ‘We Will Rock You. The final finale shows took place on 2 evening on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14th of February which was attend by many proud parents.
- Primary school cross country took place on Tuesday 26th February where a number of our young prospect students attended Tabor to take part in the cross country event’s
- Yr. 9 immunisation yr 9 took place on the 28th February
The following fixtures have been played in February:
- Tuesday 26th February – we took a team of 9 girls from year 9 students to HRS to compete in the district netball tournament in which we came 1st place out of 9 schools. The girls had a fantastic run winning all of their games to get into the semi-finals against Honywood school in which they won 9-8. They then won the final against HRS. They are now District Champions.
- Wednesday 27th February –we took a team of 7 year 10 students who had never played together before nor do they train regularly to the district netball tournament at HRS. The girls did us proud never complaining that they were the only team with no subs. They played 3 consecutive games which got them through to the semi-final which they unfortunately lost. They then lost to Joyce Franklin School placing them 4th out of 7 teams. 5 games in a row… no subs… no complaining. The girls did us proud!
We visited the following places:-
- Tuesday 5th February, 50 KS4 and 5 students visited the V&A gallery in London. The experience was a very extremely valuable for our Art and Photography.
- Tuesday 12th May a number of yr 10 and 11 students visited the DNA Queens Theatre to see a production.
- On Wednesday 13th February a number of students went to experience the Jack the Ripper tour around London as part of their History curriculum.