This article is to inform you of Tabor Academy’s ‘Summer Reading Project’ which your child will be undertaking during this summer break. Each current year 7 will be participating in this project and will be presenting their work within their English classes when they return to school in September 2016 as year 8 students.
Summer Reading Challenge
- Each student will receive a reading ‘log book’ (click to download) which must be signed by a parent/carer each time the student reads.
- A minimum time of twenty hours reading has been set.
- Reading material must include at least one fiction book that they will be using for their summer reading project presentation.
- Students can also read non-fiction books, newspapers, graphic novels or comics for logging their twenty hours.
- The County Library Summer Reading Challenge will also count towards their total if signed by a librarian.
- There will be prizes for the top three students who have the accumulated the most hours.
Summer Project Assignment (Click here to view the project details)
- Each student must produce a project on one of the fiction books they have read during the summer.
- The project must be chosen from the attached list.
- Presentations will take place during the first few weeks of their Year 8 English lessons.
- There will be two winning categories in each class: Best Visual Presentation and Best Vocal Presentation. Each winner will receive a prize.
Thank you for your continuing support,
Ms Cole Mrs Aves
Teacher of English Library Manager