Why study Geography?
- You enjoy learning about people and their societies, economies, cultures and the environment
- You want to understand more about the physical environment around us, and how it is changing
- You are keen to learn and develop a wide range of skills
Aims and Ethos
Our aim is to ensure that all students leave Tabor with a good understanding of the world around them.
In geography, we believe in creating a culture of success, celebrating the achievements of all students, and creating opportunities for all students to achieve to their full potential.
Our aim is that students will:
- Use geographical vocabulary in their geography work
- Understand the difference between a number of scales
- Learn about the human and physical features of places at a range of scales and how they interact to produce an effect
- Develop empathy
- Learn how geography links with other subjects and its importance in the world we live in today
- Take responsibility for their own development through enquiry, independent study, initiative and maximising their potential
- Gain skills in analysing and reasoning so they can produce a logical argument with an informed conclusion
What you will learn
Pupils will be studying the AQA A-level course. This is assessed with 3 exams in Physical geography, Human geography and Geographical investigation. All exams are taken at the end of year 2. Fieldwork is an important part of A-level geography, and we will have an extended field trip in the UK. We also hope to do a field trip abroad.
Support for your learning
Below are listed just a few useful websites to both help students enhance their learning in geography: